Sunday, June 13, 2010

Bangkok subway's prohibited items

There are so many rules in Bangkok's subway (MRT, formally). I have attached what's written as 'Restriction' in this post. And at least I broke one rule! (No photos) Anyway it's not hurting anybody, I think :) You can see that the rules are pretty strict. You cannot shopping too much. You cannot even sit! No eating and drinking illustration don't seem to match with the Thai culture. People like eating grilled pork with sticky rice more than hamburgers, I think. And the drink is often served in a plastic bag hanging to your finger comfortably using a rubber band. But the most interesting thing here is that 'no durian is allowed'. And to illustrate that well, it deserves some colours! (others don't) Now you ask, do Thai people really like to carry durian around, especially to the subway? My answer is No! They are heavy and stinks. I think they tried to warn foreigners. Coz' they like to buy exotic stuff, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment